Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2014

MY SMALL TOWN LOVE


I have been very fortunate to arrive in Switzerland as a Young woman - I have left my Country of birth, South Africa and have been living here behind the snowy Alps for a few decades now.
Now why does that sentence make me feel so ancient? Only kidding....!
For the past few years I have had the opportunity to visit most places in Switzerland, which I honestly never believed to see.
But my favorite place is Wallis - or as the French speaking folk would write... Valais.
Most People speak Swiss German, but I must add, with a disasterous accent to a strangers ear. The other side of Wallis speaks French.
Beside the fact that this Region gets extremely cold during winter time.... I simply love the place to bits.
Getting to "my" place, is a town called Lötschental - a must to see every round.
One has to drive all along the Alps on a very narrow and winding road.
For some, a Little nerve wracking, but I guess I got used to it all.
I would like to post a  Picture or more of my favorite houses in this small but amazing town.
 
 
 
 
  
 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen